Firmware Version 18.104.22.1682
- 1: Make sure all applications are closed on your computer before downloading the firmware installer.
- 2: Download the FwUpdateInstaller.app.sit from the Sigma website to your local computer.
- 3: Double-click on the FwUpdateInstaller.app.sit. If you have the application called Stuffit Expander loaded on your computer, it will automatically Unstuff the .sit file, creating the Installer called “FwUpdateInstaller”. If you don’t have Stuffit Expander installed on your computer, please visit http://www.stuffit.com/. and download the appropriate version for your computer.
- 4: Make sure that the Firewire drivers are installed on your computer.
- 5: Close all Sigma applications that may be open.
- 6: Turn off the camera.
- 7: Plug a Firewire/1394 cable into the camera. Connect it to the computer.
- 8: Plug the Sigma-supplied AC power adapter into the camera.
- 9: Insert a Compact Flash card or Microdrive with at least 3MB of free space into the camera.
- 10: Turn on the camera.
- 11: Locate and double-click on the file named FwUpdateInstaller.
- 12: A window with different language selection options will appear. Choose the appropriate language and click on the “Next” button.
- 13: A License Agreement window will appear next. Click on the “Yes” button if you wish to accept the terms and conditions of the agreement.
- 14: Select the “Update” button in the update window.if you receive a warning window at this point, refer to #4 of the Troubleshooting section at the end of this document.
The following is a description of what occurs during the update:
First, data is loaded onto your camera from the computer. You will see a progress bar indicating this transfer process. If you click the “Cancel” button, the data transfer will stop, and your camera firmware will remain unchanged. Once the data has been transferred successfully to your camera, as indicated by the completed progress bar, the camera will proceed in updating its firmware.
While the camera firmware is updating, a message will be displayed instructing you not to power down or use your camera while the update is in progress. This is VERY IMPORTANT. The red LED on the camera will remain lit while the update is in progress. This may take several minutes.
- 15: When the firmware update is complete, the red LED on the camera will turn off and the installer application will inform you that the Update is complete. Click the ‘OK’ button. If you receive an error message stating that the Update was incomplete, please refer to the following section of this README.
- 1: “If a message box appears saying “No Camera Connected”, then your camera is not properly connected to your computer.
- Make sure that the Firewire/1394 cable is securely connected to the camera and the computer.
- If this does not work, restart your computer and try again.
- If the problem persists.
contact your Sigma Customer Service representative.
- 2: If a message box appears saying “No CF Card”, then there is no Compact Flash card in the camera. Turn off your camera and insert a Compact Flash card or Microdrive with at least 3MB of free space. Turn on your camera and proceed with the update. If there is a CF Card or Microdrive in the camera and this message appears, the card(s) may be damaged. Get a new card and try again. If the problem persists, contact your Sigma Customer Service representative.
- 3: If a message box appears saying “Error Writing File”, then there was an error in the transfer of data from your computer to the camera. This could be caused by a number of issues.
- The camera may have lost communication with the computer in the middle of the transfer.
- Make sure the Firewire/1394 cable is securely connected to both the camera and computer.
- Make sure that the camera is securely attached to a power supply or that the batteries are fresh.
- Check that the Compact Flash card or Microdrive in the camera has at least 3MB of free space, and that it is completely and securely inserted in the camera.
Once you take care of the above issues, try updating again. If the problem continues, turn off your camera, wait a couple seconds, and turn it on. Try updating again. If the problem persists, contact your Sigma Customer Service representative.
- 4: If a message box appears saying “The firmware on the camera is already the same or newer than this firmware update. It is not necessary to install this update”, this means that you do not need to update the firmware on your camera.