Reduced tendency to highlight blowouts and “blooming” in overexposed long – exposure shots.
Several bugs fixed.
* If your camera firmware version is 184.108.40.2062 or earlier then, it is recommended that you update the firmware in your camera to version 220.127.116.112.
System Recommended Requirements
- PowerPC G3 Processor
- Mac OS 9.2.1 or later. Mac OS X v10.1.1 or later
- 256MB RAM OS 9 or 512MB RAM Mac OS X
- 40MB of available hard disk space
- 16-bit display card (24-bit recommended)
- 800×600 monitor resolution (1024×768 recommended)
- FireWire (IEEE 1394) connection
Please read first: DURING THE UPDATING PROCESS, DO NOT POWER DOWN OR USE YOUR CAMERA WHILE THE RED LED LIGHT IS ON OR WHILE THE INSTALLER-IN-PROGRESS WARNING WINDOW IS PRESENT ON YOUR COMPUTER SCREEN!
How to install
Download the FwUpdateInstaller.exe from the Sigma website to your local computer and follow Firmware Installation and Updating Instructions for Macintosh.
Firmware Update FAQ
What is the firmware?
The Firmware Updater Software is a downloadable computer program, which will update the firmware in your Sigma SD9. The firmware is a program, which runs inside the camera and controls its operation.
By running the Updater Software you will install the new firmware in the camera.
To verify your camera’s current firmware version, please follow this sequence of steps:
1: Turn on your camera.
2: Choose the “Menu” button on the back of the camera (to the left of the LCD screen)
3: Select the top menu item “Camera Info…”.
4: Depress the right arrow on the 4-Way Controller.
5: Depress the bottom arrow on the 4-Way Controller. This will give you a screen that lists different versions of programs loaded on the camera. If the “Digital:” is 18.104.22.1682 or earlier, you should download this new version and update your camera.
There is a license agreement you will have to agree to before you can download the program. This license agreement must be agreed by you, before you will be allowed to download, install and use this program.